For Ad Manager to serve content with video on demand ads, Ad Manager needs to ingest the video content itself for Dynamic Ad Insertion.
The following conditions must be met before you move on to the creation of content source for video on demand-
- Transcode your video content to HLS.
- With you, DAI VOD content, publish an MRSS feed.
- Create an ad tag for DAI.
How to create a content source?
- Sign into Google Ad Manager and click on Video, then Content Sources, and then New Content Sources.
- The following must be completed-
- Name- Whatever source name you select here if for display only.
- Type- For DAI sources, MRSS and Brightcove feed Ad Manager currently supports types.
- The URL of your paginated feed must be entered, and it must contain all of your videos, with not more than 100 videos per page. Even though the DAI MRSS feed specification is very similar to that of conventional Video Solution MRSS specification, but there are some extra fields for DAI.
- The authentication kind for this URL must be selected. If you have chosen the “Basic authentication” kind, enter the username and password.
- Your sync rule must be selected, for it will determine how often sync is performed by Ad Manager-
- Automatic- The latest content in the feed must be refreshed every few minutes for content with a <lastModifiedDate> later than the time of the previous new content sync.
- Manual- Only when ‘sync’ is clicked from your content sources, then refresh.
- You need to enable DAI- Dynamic Ad Insertion. Once you do that, additional fields appear-
- The master ad tag must be entered.
- Select if or not you want to enable server-side tracking (also known as Server-Side Beaconing, or SSB) on your streams. If you plan to serve mid-roll ads, you cannot allow SSB.
- You can require subtitles if you wish to provide subtitles in your MRSS feed.
- If you wish to serve mid-rolls ads in your video content, enable mid-roll conditioning. However, it can only be served in video players that use the IMA SDK.
- Enable relative playlist URLs.
- The DAI authentication keys as a measure for security must be enabled to legitimate stream requests.
- For this content, the configuration of the CDN ingest and delivery settings must be done.
- To receive email notifications, enable ingest error notifications.
- To allow specific IP addresses to access this content source, irrespective of blocked geographic regions, enable allowed IP access.
- Click on Save.
Receive video content ingestion alerts-
If an issue is met with by the Ad Manager, which ingesting content from the given MRSS feed URL, the active user is sent an email with the “receive ingestion error notifications for video content with dynamic ad insertion.”
Our Recommended Monetization Partners:
I and my team research various ad networks and can help you increase your overall ad revenue; so you could rake in more greenbacks with the best video monetization platforms. I am just a mail away, so reach out to me if you want to scale up your website revenue. mail: [email protected]