Remember that some of these features might not be available for your network, and you should contact your account manager for that. To decide what ad requests serve the impression and what ad requests must be lost, you can create a report. Many of the lost impressions are caused by VAST errors and can be resolved.
There are specific report settings that help you make most of a report for VAST errors. You can make the addition of more filters, dimensions, or metrics. However, these are ideal to ideal to use as your starting point.
- Make a report.
- The type of report must be set to Historial, and the date range must be of the last seven days.
- With the request type filter, you can filter your requests and set them to any> video tags.
- The following report dimensions must be added-
- Line item type
- Line item
- Ad unit
5. The given metrics must be selected from the “total” section-
- Total code served count
- Total impression
- Total error count
In the VAST error section, you should select all error codes
6. You can then run your report and understand how to solve VAST and SDK errors.
7. The following can help determine the dropoff-
Total code served count – (Total impressions + Total error count)
How do VAST errors cause a loss in impressions?
- Request- A video ad request must either be code served or unfilled
- Code served- A request for code serve might lead to a successful ad impression, a VAST error or a dropoff.
- Impressions and VAST errors- When the player shows the first frame of the ad and further reports back to the ad server, an impression occurs. On the occurrence of an issue, a VAST error is reported. Categorization of these errors is conducted and reported with a numerical code. You can still get an impression despite the VAST errors.
- Dropoff- If nothing is reported back to the server, there is an occurrence of a dropoff.
- Unfilled- The unfilled request is one that either has no response, no matching line item, or bid.
Our Recommended Monetization Partners:
I and my team research various ad networks and can help you increase your overall ad revenue; so you could rake in more greenbacks with the best video monetization platforms. I am just a mail away, so reach out to me if you want to scale up your website revenue. mail: [email protected]