Video monetization is getting paid for publishing your videos on various online platforms using methods like inserting ads, offering subscriptions, getting sponsorships, doing reviews, etc. Monetizing video is always a preferable option for small or big publishers. Some video streaming platforms do contain robust built-in tools for video monetization. Others include partial functionality. When looking for monetization platforms, pricing should be considered primarily. There are many video monetization platforms only offer tools at very high pricing levels. Consider the following factors while choosing the appropriate video monetization platform such as:
- Monetization options
- Payment process
- Privacy and security
- Live streaming
- Video hosting
Top 10 Video monetization Platforms for Publishers
Video platforms enable their users to upload, store, and deliver video content for marketing and advertising purposes. Video content can be an array of different types such as product demo videos, help or training videos, webinar recordings, employee education and training videos. Some platforms also allow to stream live events in addition to the pre-recorded ones. Let us discuss the best video monetization platforms of 2019.
Best 3rd Party Video Monetization Platforms for Publishers
It is the second most popular website in the world with billions of viewers watching videos on it every single day. More than 4 billion videos are viewed daily on YouTube. Video is the mainstay on YouTube and improving its functionalities is becoming crucial every passing day. Based on the request of users, content mobility management is also effectively done.
- The ability to update custom thumbnails from any mobile device.
- There is the option to enable or disable monetization on your videos irrespective of your location.
- There are dedicated and attentive followers who love their channels. Content creators can use the new subscription notification feature to let their fans know they have uploaded a new video.
- Live streaming is for video content, entertainment, gaming, learning and more. It will be easier to set up and manage their live streams for content creators of video, apps or games. Youtube also announced its upcoming Gaming app, which will give gamers a chance to take the improved live stream technology for a ride.
Pricing: It is a free service with the premium version costing $11.99 per month.
Vimeo is perfect for users who prioritize high-quality content like short films, animation, informative pieces, and in-depth journalism. Vimeo is almost like a private art gallery in comparison to YouTube’s public convention-like experience.
- Increased storage space.
- More secure than other video sharing platforms.
- Auto-expiring links that can be shared with clients on limited time offers.
- Downloading the videos are very convenient.
- Bulk Uploading
- Closed Captions
- Mobile Screen Support
- Privacy Options
- Social Sharing
- Video Looping
Pricing: There is a demo which lets you upload up to 500MB of data per week till 5GB and includes basic privacy options, statistics, and customer support. Vimeo Plus costs $12 per month which lets you upload 5GB worth of content per week and up to 250GB of content per year.
Dailymotion is believed to be the world’s second-largest video sharing website known as the European Youtube, with 300 million users from around the world, who watch 3.5 billion videos on this platform every month.
- Dailymotion’s business focuses on monetization through free ads. But users are limited to 96 video uploads per day, capped at a total of 2 hours of video per day. Dailymotion restricts video length to be no longer than 60 minutes.
- Dailymotion offers various advertising options for marketers including instream, display, and rich media formats. OpenVOD program is their unique feature that is offered as a means of monetization for content creators. This video-on-demand program allows content creators to sell their videos; they get to choose the price, format, and player, can broadcast on Dailymotion as well as other platforms and receive access to statistics for these videos. Dailymotion takes 10% of the profit from the video as commission.
Pricing: For a 5-minute video, you will get about 19,200 views a month for $200.
Best Video Monetization Platforms for Publishers ( SAS)
It is a leading platform for video management, publishing, analytics and monetization. Ooyala’s integrated suite of tools and services give publishers the power to expand audiences through deeper insights that drive increased viewer engagement and revenue from video.
- Ad Serving Made Easy with a built-in integration with over two dozen leading ad networks. You can also use built-in ad server to sell your own inventory.
- Placing ads is made simple just by dragging them to any point in the video.
- Video Countdown is a player ad counter which shows viewers the duration for which they will be exposed to each ad. This will minimize dropouts rate.
- Paywall Integration with third-party paywall vendors.
- Engage modern-day viewers with HD-quality video, interactive elements that let them click videos to actively participate in it.
- Ooyala has built a technology to deliver HD video to TV screens through Roku, Boxee, and other set-top boxes, or direct to Internet-connected TVs.
- Transcode video for all formats and devices, with adaptive bitrate delivery and dynamic player swap to HTML5.
- Adaptive Bitrate Power technology for Flash to give viewers the best viewing experience, irrespective of the connection speed.
- Geo-targeting and other targeting tools give you full control.
- Closed Captions – closed captions help hearing-impaired viewers very much and it also makes your content more visible to search engines.
- Social Sharing – your viewers can share your videos across Facebook, Twitter, and social media of all kinds.
Pricing: Ooyala pricing starts at $500 a month. Pricing is based on the package license price and also on the resources used such as bandwidth and storage.
It is an open-source video platform provides end-to-end solutions designed for Windows. This online Video management system offers tools, Analytics, Video Streaming at a single interface.
- Easily upload and ingest video, audio, images and docs. Bulk or individual file uploads, via browser, desktop app, email or mobile.
- Upload your content and it will be transcoded into multiple flavors.
- Capture and manage recorded videos of your lectures with Kaltura and third party recording tools.
- Organize and manage your content, search media, edit, moderate, create playlists in one interface.
- Customize player design and features or leverage built-in templates.
- Trim videos to create clips, add subtitles, and cue points to enable chaptering, advertising and deep search through video editing tools.
- You can experience a Webcasting solution that is fully integrated with your video portal.
- See your revenue growth and effective monetization with content monetization tools, and audience engagement reporting including paywall and subscriptions.
- Get insight into content performance and viewer behavior.
- Full HD live streaming and archiving.
- Protect your content with end-to-end security.
Pricing: Kaltura offers t several different packages like Kaltura Cloud-Based Edition which is a fully hosted video platform with various service packages levels starting at $499 per month. Then there is Kaltura On-Premise Edition which is self-hosted version of the video platform with commercial license, and full support and maintenance. And lastly Kaltura Community Edition which is a free community supported, self-hosted version.
Muvi is a multi-screen OTT Video On Demand Platform enabling content producers and owners to customize their video streaming service for branding. Muvi Studio offers video hosting, CDN, content management, transcoding, DRM, a video player, websites and apps for mobile and TV.
- Live streaming and VOD support
- Advertising monetization
- Pay-per-view support
- Subscriptions support
- 24/7 support available
Pricing: The basic plan starts at $199/month. Professional users will likely need the “Standard” plan ($399/month) or above. Prices go up to $3900/month or more.
Contus Vplay is an online video streaming solution which enables you to upload, convert, store, manage and stream video content through your online channels, blogs, corporate websites, video streaming sites, and more. It enables streaming of videos and audio on-demand, live streams or OTT TV in websites. The website can be optimized for video delivery across multiple screen formats like mobile, web and smart TVs. The video management can be done from a unified backend interface with features for batch video upload, scheduled video delivery, live video webcasting, etc.
- 100% Customizable Solution
- Live and video on-demand solution
- Cloud Transcoding
- Social Media Integrations
- Deeper Engagement
- Actionable Insights
Pricing: Multiple Monetization Models are available such as Subscription (SVOD), Pay Per View (PPV), Transactional Video on Demand (TVOD), Advertisement Support (AVOD).
Best Video Monetization Platforms for Publishers ( Self Hosted Video)
Brightcove video marketing suite is a video content management solution which offers its users to maximize the engagement and conversion rates of the videos by improving the ROI of video ad campaigns with a varied range of tools. The solution gives a composite video library, on-demand publishing, SEO-optimized video portals, live video streaming, social media sharing, lead capture analytics, and results tracking and reporting.
- Lead capture features and analytics
- Video Cloud for video hosting and publishing
- Zencoder for transcoding
- Integrated analytics
- Live and File Cloud Encoding
- Third-party integrations
- Brightcove Gallery
- Deliver live video events
- Video SEO page design for SaaS hosting
- Multi-screen video distribution
- Over 100 templates styles, Import videos and playlists
Pricing: There is a free trial available. Pricing plan starts at $99 per month and rest plans are quote-based.
It is a global media company with superior data-driven platforms for mobile, video, domain, and email advertising. By offering customized programmatic solutions supported by internal media capabilities, data analytics, and optimization technology, Matomy enables advertising and media partners to meet their evolving growth-driven goals. The programmatic platforms include the Mobfox SSP, the video advertising platform Optimistic, and mobile demand-side platform is myDSP. The company was founded in 2007 with headquarters in Tel Aviv.
- Global reach with a leading supply
- Data-driven targeting with over 15 targeting options
- Self-serve demand-side platform
- 50B impressions daily
- Dedicated managers that share best practices and optimization secrets
- Connect with supply partners such as MoPub, Inneractive and PubMatic
- Detailed inventory reports
- Micro bidding available
- Predefined rules for impressions, clicks, CTR
- Measure average CPM bid and win prizes.
It is a website monetization and yield optimization platform that connects several ad platforms into a unified auction. Their top priority is to monetize cross-border traffic and to help publishers gain incremental revenues. Setupad connects website’s media space to top SSPs (Supply Side Platforms) in a Header Bidding way, allowing more buyers to participate and CPM prices to increase. Setupad does all necessary yield optimization and allows publishers to get back to their true calling – quality content creation. Its in-view auto-refresh technology enables higher impressions and better revenue for publishers.
- Header Bidding
- Server-side bidding
- Loading speed
- Fill rate
- Customized optimization
- Ad audit
- Online reporting
VDO.AI is a native video advertising network leading globally where publishers leverage the power of video advertising using smart contextual instream video solutions and boost their monetization by 50%. It is suited for any website which is looking for a video monetization partner to boost overall ad revenue.
- Contextual videos with high-grade user experience.
- Custom Video Ad Server with cutting edge automated video ad serving solution.
- Easy integration with a single line of code.
12) Google ADX
Google ADX is a part of DoubleClick Digital Marketing suite which is an integrated ad-technology platform that enables agencies and advertisers to effectively create and organize high-impact digital ad campaigns across several channels. The platform provides real-time insights and performance data from marketing campaigns across multiple channels connecting to a network of advertisers.
- Ad Inventory Controls
- Automatic Conversion Data Upload
- Access Google AdWords
- Access Display Network for Ads
- Bid Management
- Campaign Management
- DoubleClick Search API
- DoubleClick Ad Exchange
- Real-Time Bidding
- Robust Tools and Insights
- Track Offline Conversion Data
Advertisers like to go with those publishers who have a specific audience base. Popular video monetization platform, for instance, Youtube comprises of a huge number of daily users whose love for videos are never-ending. So, engage their already thriving user base to experiment with video monetization. Consistently publish videos which should include effective storytelling and SEO friendly. Make videos which can be repurposed into different formats on different channels.
Our Recommended Monetization Partners:
I and my team research various ad networks and can help you increase your overall ad revenue; so you could rake in more greenbacks with the best video monetization platforms. I am just a mail away, so reach out to me if you want to scale up your website revenue. mail: [email protected]